DANSOX Virtual Summer School
Following the success of the inaugural DANSOX Summer School in 2019, we are planning a second virtual Summer School.
Lectures will be available to view on the DANSOX playlist of the Jacqueline du Pré Music Building's YouTube channel from 16 July 2020. Alastair Macaulay's special guest lecture will be available from 21st July (late afternoon). The line up for our DANSOX Virtual Summer School 2020 is as follows:
Celebrating the work of Paul Taylor (1930-2018), distinguished American dancer and choreographer
- Guest lecture: Alastair Macaulay (international dance critic and writer) on Taylor's life and work
- Guest lecture: Parisa Kobdeh (Taylor dancer) on her experiences, practice and technique.
New Scholarship on Dance: text and practice
- Marcus Bell (DPhil student, Oxford) on Pina Bausch and tragedy
- Joseph Kay (composer) on musical notation and dance notation
- Susie Crow (choeographer and writer): aspects of ballet class
- Gabriela Minden (DPhil student, Oxford): The Dance of Death: Rupert Doone, W.H. Auden and ghosts of the Ballets Russes and Kurt Jooss
- Megan Smith (2020 English Finalist, Oxford): literary criticism meets fiction and performance in John Haskell's The Complete Ballet: A Fictional Essay in Five Acts (2017)
Or, if you prefer, you can offer a small one-off single gift go to: