Turtle Song is an opportunity to compose and sing your own songs with a professional composer, director and musicians. It is a project which involves people living with memory problems and all forms of dementia and their companions (family/friends/carers).
• FREE to all participants
• once a week for NINE WEEKS
• a chance to ENJOY singing together
• an OPPORTUNITY to write a collection of different songs
• WORKSHOPS will be led by composer Jon Petter and directed by Carolyn von Stumm supported by music students from the University of Oxford
• provides an opportunity to PERFORM for friends & family in a sharing at the end of the project
• gives a RECORDING of the final sharing to each participant on CD and DVD
• provides tea, coffee and BISCUITS
• is a time to HAVE FUN and be inspired
• does not require any previous experience or skill, and EVERYONE IS WELCOME, whatever your ability.
Fridays 21, 28 January
Fridays 4, 11, 18, 25 February
Fridays 4, 11 March
Final sharing will take place on Friday 18 March 2022
10:30am - 12:15pm
Jacqueline du Pré Music Building, St Hilda’s College, Cowley Place, Oxford OX4 1DY
TRANSPORT for the project is provided for a limited number of participants and there will be a pastoral worker on hand to support participants in accessing the project. INFORMATION about access, parking and location will be provided once a place on the project is confirmed.
If you are interested and would like more information please phone 020 8964 5060 or email email@example.com or fill out an on-line application form at www.turtlekeyarts.org.uk/turtlesongoxfordapplication