The primary role of a steward is to assist with the delivery of an enjoyable and safe experience for concert audiences and other visitors of the JdP Music Building. Stewards help the JdP to maintain a high level of customer care and provide practical assistance both inside and outside the venue. These individuals are as much the “face” of the venue as the full-time staff. It is therefore important that Stewards present themselves in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Help the Front of House Manager and team to set up the venue.
- Greet the audience upon arrival.
- Check tickets of those arriving and sell tickets on the door.
- Show audience members to their seats.
- Answer simple questions from audiences members.
- Sell programmes and drinks/snacks at the bar.
- Help to clear the venue at the end of the performance.
- In the event of an emergency, assist the Front of House Manager as appropriate.
- Concert Stewards are normally required for approximately four to five hours per performance.
Please contact the JdP Manager if you are interested in joining the Stewarding team.